by Roberta Larson Duyff
This brand new edition of the American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide offers the most up-to-date nutrition information for all age groups. It is packed with simple, practical tips and flexible guidelines.
This fully revised guide features:
- The new Dietary /guidelines for americans from USDA and USHHS, providing science-based advice on food choices and physical activity
- Helpful information about fitting fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and other nutrient-rich foods
- Updated information on women's health and nutrition, from pregnancy to menopause, as well as heart disease, breast cancer, and more
- Food and lifestyle advice on preventing and managing health conditions, on food-drug interactions, and on food allergies and intolerances
- The lates on food and water safety, how to protect against foodborne illness, and how to prepare for emergencies
- Facts about functional foods
- Up-to-date consumer information on food labeling, allergen labeling, and helath claims
- and much more!
Eat Smart, Live Well: It's About You!
- Food Choices
Healthful Eating: The Basics
- Your Healthy Weight
- Fat Facts
- Vitamins, Minerals, and Phytonutrients: Variety on Your Plate
- Carbs: Simply Complex
- Fiber: Your Body's Broom
- Sodium and Potassium: A Salty Subject
- Fluids: The Power of Water
Smart Eating: The Consumer Marketplace
- What's on Today's Table?
- Planning to Eat Smart
- Savvy Shopping
- The Safe Kitchen
- Kitchen Nutrition
- Your Food Away from Home
Food for Health: Every Age, Every Stage of Life
- Off to a Healthy Start
- Food to Grow On
- For Women Only
- For Mature Adults: Healthful Eating!
Healthful Eating: Special Issues
- Athlete's Guide: Winning Nutrition
- The Vegetarian Way
- Sensitive about Food
- Smart Eating to Prevent and Treat Disease
- Supplements: Use and Abuse
Resources: More about Healthful Eating
- Well Informed?