Hassan Y. Aboul-Enein
This up-to-the-minute reference reports the latest research developments on purifying and isolating large organic moleculesassimilating the explosive growth in the field and supplying the scientific foundation to facilitate innovation in different areas of biotechnology.
Provides cutting-edge information on high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and capillary electrophoresis (CE) as vital tools for analyzing biomacromolecules and developing new biochemical and medicinal compounds!
Applying biochemical separation technology to the study of macromolecules such as proteins, polysaccharides, nucleic acids, and others, Analytical and Preparative Separation Methods of Biomacromolecules
Analytical and Preparative Separation Methods of Biomacromolecules is an indispensable resource for analytical, pharmaceutical, and medicinal chemists; biochemists; molecular and cell biologists; chemical and process optimization engineers; biotechnologists; and upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in these disciplines.
- examines the various uses of macromolecular analysis by displacement, heparin-affinity, slalom, and hydrodynamic chromatography
- demonstrates the physics and mathematics of light scattering as a high-resolution analysis technique
- describes displacement chromatography as both a preparative and an analytical tool, employing techniques such as the equilibrium-dispersive model
- explains purification of recombinant proteins with HPLC, mass spectrometry, peptide mapping, and fast atom bombardment mass spectrometry (FABMS)
- illustrates HPLC methods for quantifying glycohemoglobin (HbA1C) as an indicator for control of diabetes
- evaluates combined use of capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE) and free-flow zone electrophoresis (FFZE) for analysis of synthetic biopeptides
- elucidates characterization of the protein properties of human seminal plasmas and their relation to immunomodulating factors
- compares methods such as (one-step) desorption and (multistep) adsorption-desorption HPLC
- and much more!
- Analysis of HbA1C and Some Hb Variants by HPLC
- Analysis of Posttranslational Modifications in Recombinant Proteins by HPLC and Mass Spectrometry
- Analytical and Preparative Separations of Peptides by Capillary and Free-Flow Zone Electrophoresis
- Bioaffinity Chromatography
- Characterization and Partial Purification of Steroidogenic Factors from Thymic Epithelial CellConditioned Medium
- Determination of Affinity Constants of Lectins for Sugars by Affinity Capillary Electrophoresis
- Displacement Chromatography of Biomolecules
- High-Performance Membrane Chromatography of Proteins
- HPLC Purification of Recombinant Proteins
- Isolation, Purification, and Characterization of Human Seminal Plasma Proteins and Their Immunological Behavior In Vitro
- Isolation, Purification, and Structural Study of Allergenic Proteins
- Multiangle Light Scattering Combined with HPLC with Examples for Biopolymers
- Purification and Characterization of Connective Tissue Growth Factor Using Heparin Affinity Chromatography
- Slalom Chromatography: A New Hydrodynamic-Based Chromatographic Mode Applicable to Size-Dependent Separation and Physicochemical Analysis of Large DNA Molecules
- Simultaneous Chromatographic Separation of Ceruloplasmin and Serum Amine Oxidase
- Fast, Single-Step Affinity Chromatography Purification of Hemoglobin