by Togas Tulandi
Androgens and Reproductive Aging addresses the emotive topics of reproductive aging, menopause and the use of androgen supplements to mitigate their effects.
- Covers androgen production in the healthy male and female
- Details the decline of androgen production during aging, with the associated effects on body composition and libido
- Addresses the benefits and potential side-effects of androgen replacement therapy
- Androgen production in women
- Pathophysiology of androgen deficiency
- Endocrine aspects of reproductive aging in men and women
- Androgen receptor expression in women and its relationship to sexual function
- Psychosexual effects of menopause
- Effects of combined estrogen-androgen preparations on sexual function in postmenopausal women
- Transdermal testosterone treatment in women
- Tailoring menopausal hormone therapy: role of antiandrogens
- Is there a role for androgens in premenopausal women?
- Treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women: is there a place for androgens?
- Practical aspects of estrogen-androgen hormone replacement therapy
- Androgens, DHEA and breast cancer
- Side effects of androgen treatment
- An introduction to androgen decline in aging males