Molecular Aspects of Health
edited by Lester Packer
Responding to the increased popularity of herbal medicines and other forms of complementary or alternative medicine in countries around the world, this reference reviews and critically evaluates various safety, toxicity, and quality-control issues related to the use of traditional and herbal products for health maintenance and disease prevention and treatment–selecting case studies.
It showcases some of the most widely used herbal remedies to discuss their possible effects on human health and wellness.
This volume is a major reference source for all concerned with medicinal plants.
- Integrating Traditional and Complementary Medicine into National Healthcare: Learning from the International Experience
- Can Traditional Medicine Coexist with Modern Medicine in the Same Health Care System?
- Clinical Trials for Herbal Extracts
- Herbal Medicine: Criteria for Use in Health and Disease
- Effects of Phytochemicals in Chinese Functional Ingredients
Herbal and Traditional Medicine
- Tea and Health
- Gingko Biloba: From Traditional Medicine to Molecular Biology
- Lingzhi Polyphorous Fungus (Ganoderma Lucidum)
- Epimedium Species
- Lingusticul chuanxiong Hort.
- Salvia miltiorrhiza
- Schisandrin B and Other Dibenzocyclooctadiene Lignans
- Spirulina: An Overview
- Averrhoa bilimbi
- Lentinus edodes: Shiitake Mushrooms
- Cruciferous Vegetables and Chemoprevention: The Mechanisms of Isothiocyanate-Mediated Chemoprotection in Humans
- Pharmacological and Chemopreventive Studies of Chrysanthemum
- Andrographis paniculata and the Cardiovascular System
- Crataegus (Hawthorn)
- Resveratrol: The Promise Therein
- Pharmacological and Physiological Effects of Ginseng
- Antioxidant Activities of Prickly Pear Fruit and Its Betalains: Betanin and Indicaxanthin
- Antioxidant Activity and Antigenotoxicity of Cassia tora
- Licorice Root Flavonoid Antioxidants Reduce LDL Oxidation and Attenuate Cardiovascular Diseases
- Estrogen-Like Activity of Licorice Root Extract and Its Constituents
- Protection of Oxidative Brain Injury by chinese herbal Medicine
- Eurycoma longifolia Jack (Tongkat Ali)
- The Biological and Pharmacological Properties of Cordycept sinesis, a Traditional Chinese Medicine That Has Broad Clinical Applications
- Phytochemic\stry, Pharmacology, and Health Effects of Brandisia hancei
- Echinacea and Immunostimulation
- Medical Attributes of St. John's Wort
- Therapeutic Potential of Curcumin Derived from Turmeric
- Extracts from the Leaves of chromolaena odorata: A Potential Agent for Wound Healing
- Medicinal Properties of Eucommia Bark and Leaves
Problems and Side Effects
- Systemic Reviews of Herbal Medicinal Products: Doing More Good Than Harm?
- Use of Silicon-Based Oligonucleotide Chip in Authentication of Toxic Chinese Medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicines: Problems and Drawbacks
- Review of Adverse Effects of Chinese Herbal Medicine and Herb-Drug Interactions