Principles and PracticesSecond Editon
edited by Greg Denton
A number of industry trends and issues have changed the context of hotel ownership and operations during the past five years, making the timing right for an update to Hotel Asset Management.
Chapters inHotel Asset Management consist of three segments:
- Foundations and Principles covers the historical context, evolution, and development of the hotel asset management profession; the structural elements of the asset management cycle, and principles of the planning process.
- Strategies and Tools to Manage the Investment consists of ten chapters that provide guidelines for asset managers to improve their effectiveness.
- Emerging Trends is a new addition and consists of mini-chapters on topics that are currently impacting and shaping the practice of asset management.
The revised second edition takes a look at the challenges and opportunities hotel owners, lodging industry real estate professionals, and hotel company executives face today.
- The Historical Context of the Hotel Industry and Hotel Asset Management
- A Current Profile of the Hotel Asset Management Profession
- The Asset Management Cycle and the Development of the Asset Management Plan
- Establishing a Hotel Investment Program
- The Hotel Investment Decision: Buy, Hold, and Sell Analyses
- Contemporary Hotel Management Contracts
- A Survey of Significant Legal Issues in Hotel Management Agreements
- Evaluating Franchise and Chain Affiliation Programs
- Third-Party Asset Management for Nontraditional Hotel Owners
- Revenue Managmenet: A Role for the Asset Manager
- Benchmarking and Financial Analysis
- Guidelines for Capital Expenditure Decisions
- Best Practices in Maximining Food and Beverage Profitability
- Immigration Reform and Temporary Seasonal Work Force Legislation
- Global Asset Managmenet
- Mixed-use Properties and Integrated Resorts
- Insuring a Hospitality Asset: Risk Mangement Analysis and Insurance
- Sustainable Development at the Willard InterContinental
- Lessons from the World's Largets LEED-Certified Hotel: The Palazzo