edited by Paul J. Wang
New Arrhythmia Technologies provides a complete discussion of recent, emerging, and future arrhythmia technologies.
New Arrhythmia Technologies includes:
- advances in antiarrhythmic pharmacologis therapy
- advances in monitoring, risk assessment, and noninvasive mapping
- advances in pacing therapy
- advances in implantable defibrillators
- advances in catheter and surgical ablation
- advances in antiarrhythmic biological therapy
- vision for the future of arrhythmia technologies
- web-based defibrillation monitoring
- New Antiarrhythmic Pharmacologic Therapies and Regulatory Issues in Antiarrhythmic Drug Development.
- New Frontiers in Antithrombotic Therapy for Atrial Fibrillation.
- Principles of Pharmacogenomics: Focus on Arrhythmias.
- The Cardiac Sodium Channel Carboxy Terminus: Predicted and Detected Structure Provide a Novel Target for Antiarrhythmic Drug Development.
- Embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes as a model for arrhythmia.
- Gene and Cell Therapy for Sinus and AV Nodal Dysfunction.
- Gene Therapy for Cardiac Tachyarrhythmias.
- New Developments in Noninvasive Rhythm Monitoring, Implantable Hemodynamic, Monitoring, Functional Status Monitoring ,and Non-Invasive Mapping.
- Techniques of Prediction of Arrhythmia Occurrence and Stratification for Sudden Cardiac Death.
- Beta-blocker Efficacy in Long QT Syndrome Patients with Mutations in the Pore and Nonpore Regions of the hERG Potassium-channel Gene.
- New Developments in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Defibrillation.
- Sensor and Sensor Algorithms.
- New Electrode and Lead Designs for Pacemakers.
- Current Concepts in Intravascular Pacemaker and Defibrillator Lead Extraction.
- Left Ventricular Epicardial Lead Implantation: Anatomy, Techniques, and Tools.
- New Resynchronization Lead Systems and Devices.
- New Indications for Pacing.
- New Sensing and Discrimination Algorithms.
- Arrhythmia Prevention and Termination Algorithms.
- New Lead Designs and Lead-Less Systems.
- Optimization of Defibrillation Function.
- Remote Web-Based Device Monitoring.
- New ICD Indications.
- Advances in Surgical Ablation Devices for Atrial Fibrillation.
- Epicardial Access.
- Advances in Catheter Control Devices.
- Advances in Energy Sources in Catheter Ablation.
- New Ablation Paradigms: Anatomic Ablation of Complex Arrhythmia Substrates