Cosmetics Production Handbook
Poucher's Perfumes, Cosmetics and Soaps
edited by Hilda Butler
Poucher's Perfumes, Cosmetics and Soaps has been in print since 1923 and is the classic reference work in the field of cosmetics. Now in a fully updated 10th edition, this new volume provides a firm basic knowledge in the science of cosmetics (including toiletries) as well as incorporating the latest trends in scientific applications and legislation.click here
to see books of related interest
- A comprehensive listing of the properties and uses of common cosmetic types, ranging from Antiperspirants to Sunscreen preparations.
- Chemical, physical and safety benefits of raw materials are carefully discussed along with formulation examples.
- Information on specialist products for babies and others.
- Outlines the current guidelines regarding the assessment and control of safety and stability. This information is presented chemically, physically and microbiologically.
- Details requirements for consumer acceptability of both existing and new products. Legal regulations now in force in the EU, the USA and Japan are carefully described.
- Updated chapters explain the technical and practical operations needed to comply with regulations when marketing.
- Contains useful information on the psychology of perfumery as well as detailing methods for the conduct of assessment trials of new products.
This edition will not only be an excellent reference book for students entering the industry but also for those in specialized research companies, universities and other associated institutions who will be able to gain an overall picture of the modern cosmetic science industry.
- Historical Background
- W.A. Poucher's Influence on the Early 20th Century Cosmetic Industry
- Cosmetics through the Ages
- Cosmetics For Everyday Use
- Antiperspirants and Deodorants
- Bath and Shower Products
- Coloring Materials Used in Decorative Cosmetics and Colour Matching
- Decorative Cosmetics
- Dental Hygiene
- Hair Treatments
- Hair Shampoos
- Manicure Preparations
- Men's Toiletries
- Pressurized Dispensers
- Skin Preparations
- Sun Damage and Sunscreen Preparations
- Stability and Safety
- Analytical Methods
- Efficacy Testing of Cosmetics and Toiletries
- Emulsion Theory
- Legislation and Safety Regulations for Cosmetics in the United States, the European Union and Japan
- Microbiological Control of Cosmetics
- Perfumes: Their Manufacture in Products and Psychology in Use
- Perfume and the Manufacture of Consumer Products
- The Psychology of Fragrance and Aromatherapy
Poucher's Perfumes, Cosmetics
and Soaps 10th Edition
edited by Hilda Butler
2000 • 782 pages • $358.00 + shipping
Texas residents please add 6.75 % sales tax