by László Patthy
Protein Evolution provides an up-to-date summary of the principles of protein evolution and discusses both the methods available to analyze the evolutionary history of proteins as well as those for predicting their structure-function relationships.
- Includes a significantly expanded chapter on genome evolution to cover genomes of model organisms sequenced since the completion of the first edition, and organelle genome evolution
- Retains its reader-friendly, accessible style and organization
- Contains an updated glossary and new references, including a list of online reference sites
- Protein-Coding Genes
- Protein Structure
- Evolution of Protein-Coding Genes
- Evolution of Orthologous Proteins.
- Formation of Novel Protein-Coding Genes
- Evolution of Paralogous Proteins
- Protein Evolution by Assembly from Modules
- Genome Evolution and Protein Evolution