Quantity Food Purchasing
by Lendal H. Kotschevar
and Richard Donnelly
This classic text uses a practical approach to cover the complete function of purchasing for the food service industry. By
adding important up-to-date information, this edition builds upon the management part of purchasing while retaining its unique, detailed coverage of the definition of qualities and other factors important to name in the purchase of food and related products.
- NEW--Includes a stronger focus on customers.
- NEW--Features cases which encourage student reflection and discussion.
- NEW--Contains extensive coverage of how the computer is used in purchasing.
- NEW--Provides the detail necessary to get what is desired in the various foods and services that are purchased.
- Features a combination of how to purchase plus the factors needed to purchase.
- Contains well-illustrated charts, tables, and graphs.
- Presents far more information on nutrition than any other text on the market.
Quantity Food Purchasing presents far more information on nutrition than any other on the market, while highlighting current issues affecting food purchasing today.
- Introduction to Purchasing.
- The Patron Sphere.
- The Markets.
- Supplier Selection, Specifications, and Steps in Purchasing.
- Getting the Goods.
- The Computer in Purchasing.
- Poultry and Eggs.
- Marine Products.
- Fresh Produce.
- Processed Foods.
- Dairy Products.
- Alcoholic Beverages.
- Nonfood Supplies.
- Purchasing Contract Services.
The Law of Purchasing.
General Storage Requirements for Foodstuffs.
Economic Order Quantity.
Formulas for Calculating Yield Grades of Meat.
IMPS Tables Other than Fresh Beef and the Division of Beef into Wholesale Cuts.
Servings per Pound Uncooked Meat.
Amounts to Order Processed Food.
Fish and Shellfish Docked from American Waters.