edited by Fouad Daayf
Recent Advances in Polyphenol Research covers polyphenol chemistry, biosynthesis and genetic manipulation, ecology and plant physiology, food and nutritional aspects and the effects of polyphenols on health.
Included within the contents are cutting edge chapters on biotic and abiotic stress in plants, safety and toxicity in foods, functionality and nutraceutical benefits in nutrition, and aspects of pharmaceutical and cosmetic discovery and development.
- Introduction: Plant Phenolics: secondary metabolites with diverse functions
- Dissection of the lignin macromolecular assembly process in vivo: The final frontier
- Lignification: are lignins biosynthesized via simple combinatorial chemistry or via proteinaceous control and template replication?
- Flavonoid-protein binding processes and their potential impact on human health
- Studies in polyphenol chemistry and biology: Synthesis of oligomeric epicatechin-derived procyanidins
- Functional and structural genomics for gene discovery and metabolic engineering in the phenylpropanoid pathway
- Recent advances in the molecular biology of flavonoid biosynthesis in ornamentals
- Advances in the field of anthocyanins
- Phenols and innate immunity to plant disease
- Phenolic compounds and the onset and expression of induced disease resistance
- Absorption and metabolism of anthocyanins in humans
- Bioavailability, metabolism and bioactivity of food ellagic acid and related polyphenols
- Multiplicity of phenolic oxidation products in apple juices and ciders, from synthetic medium to marketed products
- Phytoestrogens in drug discovery
- Recent advances in the chemical synthesis and the biological activity of polyphenol metabolites
- Control of gene expression by flavonoids