A Guide for Massage Therapists
by Anne Williams
Spa Bodywork guides the massage therapist through each step of delivering a treatment - from consideration of indications and contraindications to scope of practice issues, supplies needed, room set-up, and practical tips on specific steps involved.
- More than 350 photographs clearly illustrate each spa technique and treatment.
- Treatment Snapshots allow the therapist to get an overview of the treatment before reading the step-by-step procedures section.
- Handy clean-up and sanitation tips are offered throughout the treatment chapters.
- Broaden Your Understanding Boxes contain information that helps the massage therapist to understand the full scope of a treatment.
- Sample Treatments come with promotional descriptions, product recommendations, and recipes for creating inviting smell-scapes.
Part One: Spa Foundations
- Overview of the Spa Industry
- Preparation for Spa Treatment Delivery
- Foundation Skills for Spa Treatment Delivery
- Water Therapies
- Introduction to Aromatherapy for Spa
Part Two: Treatments
- Exfoliation Treatments
- Body Wraps
- Spa Foot Treatments
- Introduction to Ayurveda for Spa
- Stone Massage
Part Three: Putting It All Together
- Treatment Design and the Signature Spa Treatment
- Careers in Spa