by Lawrence A. Trissel
Trissel’s Stability of Compounded Formulations is the only book in print that provides a single compilation of all currently available stability information on drugs in compounded oral, enteral, topical, ophthalmic, and other specialized preparations.
Based on data published over the past 50 years, the reference summarizes specific formulations and stability studies.
The book will help readers:
- determine whether formulated compounds will be stable for the anticipated duration of use
- properly store and repackage compounded formulations
- formulate in accordance with documented standards
- counsel patients on the use and storage of compounded medications
- Completely updated monographs on 433 products—an increase of 78 over the third edition—arranged alphabetically by nonproprietary name
- Each monograph is organized into 3 easy-to-use categories: Properties, General Stability Considerations, and Stability Reports of Compounded Preparations
- Fourth and fifth categories, Compatibility with Other Drug Products and Compatibility with Common Beverages and Foods, are included where information is available
- 1,233 references—326 new to the fourth edition—from the worldwide literature spanning the past 50 years
- Two appendices, Beyond-Use Dating for Nonsterile Compounded Preparations and Beyond-Use Dating for Sterile Compounded Preparations, provide a summary of USP benchmarks for assigning beyond-use periods in the absence of relevant research
- Index of nonproprietary and brand names
- Beyond-Use Dating for Nonsterile Compounded Preparations
- Beyond-Use Dating for Sterile Compounded Preparations