by Samuel C. Sugarman
Testing and Balancing HVAC Air and Water Systems provides all the information you will need to evaluate and balance the air and water sides of any HVAC system.
- This new edition includes coverage of pneumatic, electric, electronic, direct digital, and proportional, integral and derivative control systems.
- Every aspect of testing, adjusting, and balancing is addressed, including all types of instruments required, and specific methods to adjust constant volume, single zone, dual duct, induction, and variable air volume sytems.
- Complete details are provided for the full scope of system components, including fans, pumps, motors, drives and electricity, as well as for balancing devices and instrument usage.
- Also included is information on testing and balancing clean rooms and HVAC system commissioning.
- General Balancing Procedure
- Preliminary Air Balancing Procedures
- Basic Air Balance Procedures Common To All Systems
- Proportionally Balancing Constant Volume Low Pressure Systems
- Balancing Constant Volume, Multizone, Dual Duct and Induction Systems
- Setting Outside Air and Changing Fan Speeds
- Balancing Return Air and Toilet Exhaust Systems
- Fans, Fan Performance Curves and Duct System Curves
- Testing and Balancing Fume Hood Systems
- Testing and Balancing Clean Rooms
- HVAC Commissioning
- Basic Water Balance Procedures
- Centrifugal Pumps, Pump Performance Curves and Pipe System Curves
- Analog and Digital Automatic Controls
- Fluid Flow, Psychrometric and Refrigeration Terminology
- Air Systems: Distribution, Components and Terminology
- Water Systems: Distribution, Components, and Terminology
- Fan, Pump, Drive, Motor and Electrical Terminology
- Instruments and Instrument Terminology
- Conversion Tables