edited by Judith S. Hochman
Cardiogenic Shock focuses on high-interest and emerging topics in cardiovascular disease targeted to cardiologists and other interested healthcare providers.
Cardiogenic Shock is a useful tool for investigating, evaluating and treating one of the most important lingering challenges in acute cardiovascular care.
- risk factors
- general management
- Diagnosis, epidemiology, and risk factors
- General management: pharmacotherapy and mechanical ventilation
- Left ventricular pump failure: general consideration for management
- Pathophysiology and management of shock due to right hear ischemia
- Ventricular septal rupture and tamponade
- Valvular heart disease in cardiogenic shock
- Cardiogenic shock in other heart disesae: Acute decompensation of chronic heart failure, myocarditis, transient apical ballooning syndrome, peripartum cardiomyopathy, hypertorophic cardiomyopathy, restrictive cardiomyopathies, and thyrotoxicosis
- The role for mechanical circulatory support for cardiogenic shock
- Percutaneous coronary intervention for cardiogenic shock
- Coronary artery bypass grafting