From Screening to Multidisciplinary Management
edited by Querci della Rovere
Early Breast Cancer provides a comprehensive and contemporary account of the subject and should permit the reader to develop a firm understanding of the disease from epidemiology, genetics and screening, to pathology, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
- Includes a separate chapter on the biological basis for breast cancer screening and its relevance to current screening strategies both within the NHS screening programme and elsewhere.
- Offers a critical appraisal of breast screening in women over and more controversially under 50 years of age where transatlantic differences in practice exist
- Includes a chapter on radiology of benign breast lesions and the emerging role of newer techniques such as MRI and PET scanning
- Contains comprehensive coverage of breast pathology from normal and benign breast lesions, through pre-malignant, in situ and finally invasive carcinoma
- Risk assessment and prevention of breast cancer
- Breast cancer screening
- Imaging of the breast
- Methods of obtaining tissue for diagnosis
- Breast pathology
- Multidisciplinary management of breast cancer
- Consent and litigation