by Patricia A. Curtis
Guide to Food Laws and Regulations informs the student as to the significance, range, and background of food laws and gives tools for finding the most current regulations.
- Outlines major U.S. food laws and factors that led to their passage and explains the role of key agencies such as the FDA and FSIS in regulation and enforcement
- Includes religious dietary law, trade secrets and patents, HACCP and GMPs, laws governing health claims, and the regulation of biotechnology
- Clearly states objectives for each chapter along with pre- and post-tests support the learning process
- An Introduction to Laws and Regulations
- How Did We Get Where We Are Today?
- Federal, State and Local Laws
- Major Laws and Regulations Related to Food Safety and Quality
- Food Labeling
- Environment Regulations and the Food Industry
- OSHA Regulations and the Food Industry
- FTC Regulations and the Food Industry
- An Introduction to Kosher and Halal Food Laws