Energetics of Biological Macromolecules Part B
edited by Gary K. Ackers
- Deciphering rules of helix stability in peptides
- Protein Folding in Membranes
- Molecular Crowding
- Study of the Bohr Effect in Hemoglobin Intermediates
- Photoacoustic Calorimetry of Proteins
- Theoretical Aspects of Isothermal Titration Calorimetry
- Energetic Methods to Study Bifunctional Biotin Repressor
The very existence of biological structures and their functional interactions are dictated by energetic relationships. Thus the central theme of this volume is that thermodynamic methods, i.e. techniques that probe the energetics of biological macromolecules, now comprise a powerful and practical family of tools for research in modern biology. The application of thermodynamics and statistical thermodynamics to biochemical and biophysical systems is presented.
- Deciphering Rules of Helix Stability in Peptides.
- Modified Amino Acids as Probes of Helix Stability.
- Measuring Hydration Changes of Proteins in Solution: Applications of Osmotic Stress and Structure-Based Calculations.
- Protein Folding in Membranes: Determining Energetics of Peptide-Bilayer Interactions.
- Tight Ligand Binding Affinities Determined from Thermodynamic Linkage to Temperature by Titration Calorimetry.
- Structure-Based Prediction of Binding Affinities and Molecular Design of Peptide Ligands.
- Molecular Crowding: Analysis of Effects of High Concentrations of Inert Cosolutes on Biochemical Equilibria and Rates in Terms of Volume Exclusion.
- Application of Automated Methods for Determination of Protein Conformational Stability.
- Calculations of Proton Binding Thermodynamics in Proteins.
- Analysis of Spectra from Multiwavelength Oxygen Binding Studies of Mixed Metal Hybrid Hemoglobins.
- Study of the Bohr Effect in Hemoglobin Intermediates.
- Application of Planck-Benzinger Relationships to Biology.
- Kinetic Analysis of Macromolecular Interactions Using Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensors.
- Prediction of Binding Energetics from Structure Using Empirical Parameterization.
- Photoacoustic Calorimetry of Proteins.
- Isoergonic Cooperativity: A Novel Form of Allostery.
- Theoretical Aspects of Isothermal Titration Calorimetry.
- Use of Poisson-Boltzmann Equation to Analyze Ion Binding to DNA.
- Following the Folding of RNA with Time-Resolved Synchrotron X-Ray Footprinting.
- Analysis of Interactions Between CytR and CRP at CytR-Regulated Promoters.
- Energetic Methods to Study Bifunctional Biotin Operon Repressor.
- Thermal Melting Properties of C-Terminal Domain Mutants of Bacteriophage l cI Repressor.
- Investigation of Phase Transitions in Bilayer Membranes.
- Membrane-Confined Analytical Electrophoresis