edited by Andrew J. Cant
Practical Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation is the only comprehensive yet practical guide to the total care of the transplant patient.
The book provides a ready source of reference to help health care professionals involved in the management of patients requiring bone marrow and stem cell transplantations – covering many of the infections and complications that may arise.
- An essential, practical manual for all those working in the field of bone marrow and stem cell transplantation
- A balanced practical text aimed at the whole multi-disciplinary team
- Easy to use - practically organized - covering all aspects of pre and post transplant care – including social and psychological aspects
- Why hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and for whom?
- Pre-transplant assessment
- The transplant
- Care of the transplant patient
- Prevention of infection during hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Bacterial, fungal, and parasitic infections in the transplant patient
- Virus infections in the HSCT patient
- Management of febrile neutropenia and system-specific infections
- The role of intensive care in the management of hematopoietic stem cell patients
- Graft-vs.-host disease and post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease
- Gastrointestinal, respiratory and renal/urogenital complications of HSCT
- Follow up in the first year after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Immune recovery following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and vaccination
- Prevention of infection following discharge after hematopoietic stem cell transplant
- Social and psychological aspects of care
- Long-term follow up of transplant recipients
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation – the future