by Judy Capko
Secrets of the Best-Run Practices 2nd edition taps into the most successful medical practices and gives the reader the inside scoop on what is working – and what is not working in medical practices.
Physicians and practice executives will find the Secrets divulged in this excellent and highly readable book critical to the running of an efficient and successful practice.
- The 6 distinctive traits of the best-run practice leaders
- Smart ways to approach and solve the most critical problems
- What is required of you and the staff to achieve the results you want
- How do you measure success?
- Turnaround strategies
- Tap into the power of the virtual connection
- What can you expect from “the practice of the future”
- and more!
- Mission Possible: how defining your mission sets your practice up for success.
- The Perfect Receptionist Gets Wired: how to use technology to enhance efficiency and make patients feel special.
- Conquering Workflow Problems: how to eliminate bottlenecks at the front office before they create unpredictable, unmanageable workflow.
- The Amazingly Productive Doctor: how to master clinical flow and make time count so you can outperform peers while enjoying more personal time, too.
- Mastering the Appointment Schedule: secrets for better service, higher productivity and improved patient compliance.
- Commonsense Risk Management: how paying just a little more attention to details — and patients —makes a huge difference in avoiding mishaps, errors and other problems.
- Shredding the Paper Monster: how a 7-day-a-week pediatric practice smoothly switched over to new practice management and electronic health record systems.
- The Changing Dynamics of Outpatient Academic Practices: how faculty practices differ from the traditional private community medical practice and how to change your culture successfully.
- The Power of Revenue Management: how to improve financial results by maximizing charge capture and revenue recovery, including how the patient collections process is changing.
- Great Employees—The Simple Truth: solid, practical advice on obtaining peak performance from every employee.
- The Money Crunch: how to keep rapid growth from sabotaging success (and if you’re about to implode what to do now to recover).
- Reshaping the Practice—A New Genre: case studies of three different types of practices that successfully changed direction.
- Smart-Sourcing for the Savvy Practice: how to use outsourcing to get the job done better and achieve remarkable ROI.
- .Starting Over—Yes You Can! Feel trapped in your current position? Learn how three physicians changed course after years of practicing medicine and traded extremely difficult situations for more satisfying personal and professional lives.
- The Practice of the Future: how to use technology and innovation to meet emerging practice management issues and meet the changing expectations of your patients, staff and community.